Infrared Sauna Treatment in Mount Pleasant
Radiant heat is a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion, without having to head the air in between. Our infrared saunas produce the same infrared energy that is produced by the sun.
When you enter our infrared saunas, the infrared heat will surround you and penetrate deeply into your muscles, joints and tissues. This process increases your oxygen flow and blood circulation.
Your infrared sauna session will leave you feeling revitalized and recharged. It will help your body flush impurities from deep in your cells, specifically our fat cells that store the most harmful waste and toxins.
How Does an Infrared Sauna Work
Just as visible light, infrared light has a range of wavelengths. Longer wavelength infrareds are thermal, while short and near waves are not hot whatsoever. The far, longer infrared waves are the ones used in our infrared sauna therapy as they easily penetrate the skin and increase circulation.
The infrared sauna works by heating the body and creating “fever” reaction that increases and accelerates the body’s own healing activity and restorative capacity. It also speeds up the metabolic processes of vital organs and inhibits the further growth of pathogens.
Infrared Sauna Benefits for Health
- Weight Loss and Increased Metabolic Rate: Regular use gives a boost to your cardiovascular system. It will increase your heart rate and the calories burned in infrared saunas is similar to what you would burn going for a run.
- Muscle Pain Relief: The increase in your blood circulation helps carry off metabolic waste, while also delivering oxygen-rich blood to muscles that are depleted of oxygen.
- Boost to the Immune System: The infrared panels will increase your core body temperature to the point where it creates an artificial fever. By doing this, your body naturally strengthens and accelerates its immune response.
- Detroxification: A infrared sauna detox works by increasing your blood circulation and stimulating the sweat glands. It releases highly toxic metals that have built up in your body such as lead, mercury, nickel and cadmium. It also rids your body of other organic and inorganic elements like alcohol, nicotine and sulfuric acid.
- Beauty: Watch your skin glow as it is freed of accumulated dirt and dry skin cells. There have also been studies published showing the infrared sauna improve the appearance of cellulite. By increasing the heart rate and blood circulation, it helps avoid the liquid buildup in fat cells.
- Joint Pain and Stiffness: One of the biggest infrared sauna benefits is its ability to help patients suffering from all sorts of arthritis. Radiant heat has proven to be an effective treatment for sprains, neuralgia, muscle spasms, joint stiffness and more.
- Stress and Fatigue Reduction: Aside from stepping away from the world and experiencing the gentle heat of an infrared sauna, they have been shown to affect the autonomic nervous system. By putting you in a parasympathetic state, your body is able to relax and slow down any high energy actions.
Infrared Sauna Near Me
Next time you’re searching for “infrared sauna near me”, don’t look any further than Herbs Etc. Our state-of-the-art facility and professional staff will treat you like family every time you walk in the door.
For more information about our infrared sauna treatment, contact us today at (989) 773-3636.